What is acne?
Acne, basically, is the result of the blockage of the sebaceous (fat) glands of our skin, and it is a health condition that, like the common cold, has not yet found the definitive cure. Sometimes it is genetic, often it is not. Acne usually occurs around adolescence, but sometimes we can have a sudden breakout in our 30s or 40s (stress or hormonal changes). Most over-the-counter treatments are intended for external and more superficial use, but to achieve the best long-lasting results, acne treatment must be internal.
About the treatment.
First of all, I always recommend dietary changes and herbal supplements (to stimulate the liver and bowel movements) for a deep, detoxifying cleanse. Also, drink lots of water to really clean the system.
Successful acne treatment should include balancing hormone levels, detoxifying the body, and boosting immunity.
Being 15 years old and having acne can be extremely stressful. I’ve added some reflex points to work on that will help your teen cope better with emotions. Often times, stress can cause more inflammation and therefore make things worse.
Ok, here it is:
The ultimate acne treatment:
• Start each day with a glass (or two) of water with a tablespoon (or two) of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
• Use a herbal formula with dandelion (to cleanse the liver), calendula and burdock (to relieve skin inflammation), yellow dock (clears chronic skin problems, stimulates bowel movements, promotes liver function).
• Cut down on fatty and sugary foods!
Reflexology points to work on (open and print a foot chart here):
To cleanse and detoxify:
• Lymph nodes in the neck
• Kidneys and bladder
For hormonal and immune support:
• Pituitary gland (hormonal balance)
• Adrenal (good point for anti-stress too)
• Thymus gland
• Solar plexus (attachment point on both feet simultaneously at the end of treatment)
Wow, that’s a pretty good deal! Take it (or get it) once or twice a week for at least a month, along with herbal supplements, and you will see huge improvement in no time.