The Internet has become one of the largest communication platforms. It is the most effective technology available today. Creating a school website can be extremely beneficial if done the right way. It can be time consuming and include a lot of effort to develop a website for the school, but it is very advantageous for the school community. The school website gives information about the school and also a clear idea of what they are good at. School websites will provide up-to-date information and help you connect between schools, your communities, and the world as a whole.
Opportunities provided by a school website:
- Parents become more aware of how schools work and feel involved as well. Through the websites, the parents can easily get informed about the upcoming events like activities, exams and also tips that could help the kids. Therefore, the websites play a vital role in removing the barrier between the parents and the school.
- With the help of websites, teachers can share their views and ideas with the rest of the faculty and with parents.
- The website makes it easier for parents to give the school and teachers valuable feedback.
- Parents have the opportunity to become familiar with the educational system of their children.
- The website provides a platform for the school to network and connect with businesses, families, and other schools. Especially for families who move very often, these websites become excellent sources for them.
Some elements needed for a school website:
- School background and other information such as history and personnel.
- Basic contact details should always be mentioned on the website, such as address, phone number, etc.
- The website should contain all day-to-day information or announcements such as upcoming inter- and intra-school events, parent-teacher conferences on vacation, etc.
- School websites should also take advantage of blogs and forums to provide an opportunity for interaction.
- Teaching materials, teaching aids, journals, lesson plan, and other necessary educational resources must be provided.
- Photographs and reports about the school, the classroom, school excursions, etc. Must be put. Also suggestions to give to parents, helping them to help their children at home.
Creating your own websites is the same as being a publisher, but a website is always convenient for both students and educators. Here you make your own website without being criticized and it also saves you time. Students should be encouraged to create the school website as they are more tech savvy than adults. Thus it becomes a learning experience for them, making them more versatile in what they do and create.
Often times, people tend to view the school’s website as a substitute for all face-to-face interactions. It is a very mistaken notion that they have. The website should be perceived as an additional resource that schools provide to the world.