The tonsils are known as part of the immune system present in the mouth. However, there are certain conditions that can cause damage and infection. The state of inflammation of the tonsils is known as tonsillitis. The person suffering from tonsillitis often experiences a sore throat, difficulty swallowing, earache, weakness, and enlarged lymph nodes.
Before consulting a doctor for treatment, it is recommended to try some home treatments capable of treating this undesirable disorder.
- Salt and water – It is the most common home remedy for tonsillitis to gargle with salt added to warm water.
- Vegetable juices – Vegetable juices such as carrots, cucumbers and beets are in fact the most effective home remedy for treating tonsillitis. You can consume these juices separately or mixed.
- Mustard – It is often suggested to rinse your throat with a solution prepared by mixing mustard powder in hot water. This helps clear the germs that cause this throat problem.
- Lemon and honey – The mixture of lemon juice with honey prepared in hot water is another great remedy to relieve pain and throat infection. You can also add a pinch of salt to the mix.
- Fenugreek seeds – Fenugreek seeds should be boiled with water and the resulting mixture should be used as a gargle to alleviate this problem. However, you should allow the mixture to cool before using it.
- Milk – Pure boiled milk is another recommended home remedy for treating tonsil infections. It is also recommended to add turmeric powder and pepper powder in milk before consuming it.
- Banafsha flowers – You can boil 12g of banafsha flowers with milk and filter them after boiling. Filtered milk should be drunk warm to soothe the throat from tonsil infections. Also, you can use the filtered flower extracts in the above process and gently massage them around your throat before going to bed.
- Turmeric – Due to the antibacterial and antiviral properties that turmeric presents, it is recommended to prepare a paste of turmeric roots in hot water and apply it externally around the throat.
- Dried figs – Dried and boiled figs are quite effective in reducing pain and roughness caused by tonsillitis. You must crush these figs and consume them with a tablespoon of honey.
- Onion and Ginger – Onion juice and ginger juice are considered the best home remedies for various problems and tonsillitis is one of them. You can use these juices to gargle and reduce a sore throat.
You need to follow a perfect diet plan to get relief from tonsillitis. You must consume fresh fruits and vegetables to benefit your throat against this problem. Also, products such as yogurt, tea made from echinacea, goldenseal, nuts and cereals.
You should avoid alcohol, smoking, spices, condiments, fried foods, and carbonated drinks in case of tonsillitis.